Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Activity Hub


The new Student Activity Hub is an excellent addition to the Southern Miss campus. I have been actively involved in a variety of organizations over the course of my undergraduate career. As an executive member of SGA (Student Government Association), it has been both an honor and a privilege to be a part of the new space that was created specifically for us. The old Student Government offices hail in comparison to the new space we have (located upstairs) of the new Hub. It is also a larger space that will benefit my office, by providing me with an even greater area to work in.

As Elections Commissioner, I am responsible for both the Homecoming elections, as well as, the upcoming Student Government Executive officer elections. I have already completed one of my tasks with Homecoming being behind us, and I am greatly looking forward to my next one this upcoming spring. I remember feeling cramped in the old space provided for Student Government, and I look forward to working hard in the new offices.

Southern Miss should be proud of this great service and space they have now offered to their student leaders. The office houses multiple different organizations other than Student Government, which include, the African American Student Organization and Student Activities Office (SMAC).

http://http//www.usm.edu/pr/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2903

No comments:

Post a Comment