Wednesday, November 11, 2009

SGA visits Boston

As an executive member of the Student Government Association, we are granted the opportunity to attend one conference in the nation that pertains to leadership within Student Governments from all over the country. It as opportunity to foster personal development, as well as, take in other perspectives on leadership on college campuses nationwide.

The conference is a lot of fun and this year we had the opportunity to visit Boston. I thoroughly enjoyed this city.

I never traveled to Boston before, and this was a trip that I will never forget. The state is so full of history its unbelievable. We got to visit many famous land marks, and I got the chance to revisit some of America's roots on my trip as well. Overall it was a very enjoyable vacation away from Hattiesburg, and most importantly it helped all of us bond together as the executive branch of SGA.

My favorite part of the trip was visiting Boston College, Boston University and Harvard. It was an eye opener to visit schools in the heart of such a big city.
Here are some pictures from my trip!















Monument at Boston College. The architecture of this institution was amazing. It is a private University. Very expensive.














The Cheers Restaurant that inspired the hit TV show! Great food.















A George Washington monument in a park we visited.



I would not have changed anything about this trip. I definitely encourage everyone to visit Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment